Sunday, April 22, 2012

Batter by the spoonful

Cake Batter Dip




I first made this recipe to take to a Book Club meeting.  I wanted to take a sweet treat, but I was out of eggs and flour!  I had a few ingredients that I though may work, so I just threw them together.  I usually loathe using boxed cake mixes, but my empty pantry forced me to use the one box I had on hand.  To my surprise, the cake mix was delicious and everyone loved it!  I made it a second time along with this Brownie Batter Dip.  These dips are so easy and all you need to take with them is some fruit, pretzels and graham crackers.  They will go very fast!

Cake Batter Dip

Ingredients:

4 T butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 C  boxed white cake mix
1/4 C powdered sugar
1 container thawed Cool Whip
1/2-3/4C sprinkles (I used the star sprinkles you see in the picture.  They have the best texture and hold up well in the dip)

Directions:

Beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.  Add the cake mix and powdered sugar gradually.  Fold in the Cool Whip and beat it once more QUICKLY (about 10 seconds).  Fold in the sprinkles and transfer to a serving dish.  Top with the remaining sprinkles.  
Serve it with anything you think would taste good dipped in cake batter!  Graham crackers were a huge hit with my friends.  Pretzels and strawberries went well with the Brownie Batter Dip.



No comments:

Post a Comment